Sunday, January 4, 2015

Happy New Year!

Wow, where did this year go?

I can't believe that it is already 2015. This year has been such a crazy one for me.  It has been filled with ups and downs and everything in between. Last January I would never have guessed that a year from then I would be serving a mission in Sacramento.  I wouldn't want to be anywhere else though right now.  I love being here knowing that I am where the Lord want's me to be and that I'm helping people to come unto Him.

So this last week or two has been a little hard but really great at the same time.  We had to drop a couple of our investigators because they were not progressing.  They were not keeping their commitments and they would call last minute and cancel their appointments.  It is sad to think that they were progressing and then they just started sliding backwards.  We felt it was the right thing to do though so I guess right now is just not there time.  I know though that the Lord will be with them and keep working with them in other ways and hopefully one day they will be ready to accept the gospel.

The great stuff has come because of all of the new investigators we have found this last two weeks.  We were struggling with our others and didn't want to drop them but as soon as we showed our faith in Heavenly Father and what His will was for them at this time He sent us even more.  Some of the investigators we added were former drops that definitely seem like they are in a different place then they were before.  We also have some that were from referrals that are great. It is so amazing to see how the Lord has worked with them to prepare them to hear us.  Hopefully we will be extending some baptismal dates in the next week and will be able to work towards having a baptism.

So my thought for this week come's from the reading I have been doing in the Book of Mormon.  This morning I was reading in Mosiah 15:10-14 and I love how these scriptures tell us how we can know for a surety that we are the Lord's seed and that we are heirs to His kingdom.  All we have to do to know this is 1. Listen to the Prophet and do our best to apply his teachings 2. Use the Atonement in our life and look forward to His coming 3. Share the gospel of Jesus Christ.  So simple right?  If we are doing these things we can always know that we are on the right path to being with God and our families forever!  I hope that this year we can all seek to do these things in our lives that we may grow closer to God and help others to do the same.

I'll tell you about my resolutions on Monday!

I love you all!

Love,

Hermana Carpenter

Beautiful bird we saw this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment