Monday, January 26, 2015

And than there were three

Hey everyone!!

So this week has been a really crazy and really long week. So first of all my trainer went home on Thursday for medical reasons.  She had been suffering in silence basically with back pain for a long time and it was just getting worse.  She finally made the decision at the beginning of the week that she needed to go home and get it figured out.  Wednesday night the President and his wife picked her up and Thursday she was gone.  Now that means I get to be in a trio until the end of this transfer.  I have been put with the Hermanas that are in Tracy (one city away from Manteca) and we are now working both areas.  My new companions are Hermana Torres and Hermana Cavazos.  It is definitely different being with them than with Hermana Poulsen but so far so good.  I know a lot of people dread the trios but to be honest I am a little excited (I think knowing that it is only for two weeks helps) because I know there is so much I can learn from both of these girls and I know that I can also help each of them.  Right now I am just trying to focus on serving each of them and keeping a positive attitude.

My investigators are doing well.  Benito attended church again this week which is great.  I am so glad that he is progressing.  We also added two new investigators this week that could end up being miracle investigators.  They were a reference from the English Elders.  The wife Gloria has actually had the missionary discussions before and loves the church and the missionaries.  She wanted to join when they lived in L.A. but her husband was against it so she didn't.  She still wants to though so now our job is to work with the husband so he will at least allow her to be baptized.  I know though that the Lord works miracles and that in time I think her husband, Lorenzio, will also be baptized.  It was interesting to see how the Lord is already helping.  The first lesson we had Lorenzio just talked, and talked, and talked and tried to argue so it was hard to say anything.  We came back the next day though and before we went in we said a prayer and asked Heavenly Father to help him to just listen to what we had to say.  It was really funny because during the lesson he would start to say something or want to ask a question and then he would say that he forgot what he was going to say...needless to say we were able to teach them the whole first lesson and challenge them to pray. Lorenzio agreed to pray about it and he seemed sincere so we will see.  I am excited to keep working with them.

We also visited our less active family this week. They really are the sweetest family.  We are finding though that most of them joined because the mom wanted to join and that they don't really have their own testimony.  It makes a lot more sense why they have fallen away.  A testimony is so essential in having that desire to live the gospel. It was cool to actually listen to there oldest son though talk about why he got baptized.  He talked about how he wanted to be closer to God and that he felt that after he was baptized.  He is 21 so we are going to hopefully help him to start going to the YSA ward. I just have so much love for this family already. I feel like I was sent to this area for them and I just want to do all I can to help them find their testimonies and return to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. From this family I am also really starting to see how important it is that we reach out to those less active families around us.  My challenge to each of you this week is to think of someone in your ward that may be less active or may seem like they are struggling. If you are not sure then say a prayer and ask Heavenly Father to bring a name into your mind.  Once you have the name then you need to act.  Go over and visit them, give them a call to see how they are doing, invite them to church or over for dinner.  Often times these people want to come back they just don't know how because they feel they don't have a friend. Well guess what, we can all be that friend!  Anyway I know that if you do this you will be able to feel the love of the Savior more in your life and you will be able to help bring that love and joy into the life of another.

Anyway, I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Love,

Hermana Carpenter

Craft Day!

New Companions!
Hermana Torres, Hermana Cavazos and Charlie (the dog)

No comments:

Post a Comment