Monday, November 23, 2015

Greatful for Baptisims

Hey Everyone,

I can't believe it is already Thanksgiving.  I feel like on the mission the holidays just sneak up on you. 

This week was a good one. Fast and filled! We had the baptism of one of our investigators, V. She is a 13 year old girl and the friend of one of our members.  She is awesome, and excited about the gospel. The first time we met her we asked her why she wanted to meet with the missionaries and she said to us "Because I want to get baptized".  Thirteen is young but she recognizes the importance of the step of baptism and making that commitment to follow Jesus Christ. She is excited about prayer, and about the Book of Mormon.  We had about two and a half weeks to teach her everything and plan the baptism. We were a little nervous about it happening but the Lord definitely provides.  Her friends are awesome and have been such a great support to her.  It has been amazing to see her open up and start applying the gospel.

With all of this going on I have been thinking a lot about baptism and receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost.  We meet so many people that don't have a true understanding of what these two things are and why they're so important.  Yes, it is a commitment to follow Jesus Christ, but it is so much more than that.  Through these two ordinances is how we gain full access to the Atonement, and through that is how we can truly change, be refined, and become perfected.  Not only do we become clean, but through the process of enduring to the end, we become someone completely new and better.  I'm so grateful for these covenants and how they allow me to become who the Lord wants me to be.  I would hate the thought of having to be stuck with every wrong thing I've done or never have the chance to change who I am.  I know I have so many imperfections and I know that I cannot change them on my own.  I know that it is only through and in Jesus Christ and his Atonement that it is possible. I'm so grateful for that.  I'm also so grateful for for all of my family and friends that have taught me about these things and helped me to make those covenants. I just want to do my best to pass that on.

I love you all and hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Be safe!

Love,

Hermana Carpenter


No comments:

Post a Comment