Monday, November 16, 2015

Faith, Hope, Charity

Hey everybody!

Everything is going well here in Modesto.  We have been having some rain which is great!

I went on an exchange this week with a sister that has only been out for two weeks.  It was like going in a time machine. I could relate to so many things she was feeling because I had been in her shoes.  We had a great time though. I learned so much from her!

Sorry this is so short, I have to get going, but I wanted to share one insight from my studies this week. So this week as I was studying I had this cool insight in between Ether 12:28and Moroni 8:25-26. The Savior tells Moroni that "faith hope and charity bringeth unto me—the fountain of all righteousness." and then in Moroni 8, Mormon ties these three into the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Living the gospel of Jesus Christ is what allows us to have charity which without we are nothing...We NEED the gospel. Of course I know that, but I love being able to find those connections within the scriptures.

I love the gospel and I know that as we live it as taught in Moroni 8 that we really will recieve hope and feel the love of God.  I feel it every time I repent and strive to live the commandments of God. I know that God gives us commandments because he loves us and wants us to be happy.  I know that the only way we can truly know this is by living them.  It takes faith to do it but once you feel the influence of the spirit and see the blessings that are poured out upon us then it is hard to not want to keep them. I love being able to share this with everyone I meet.

Well I hope everyone has a wonderful week! I love you all!

Love,

Hermana Carpenter

No comments:

Post a Comment