Saturday, November 14, 2015

13 months and Modesto

Well another month has come and gone...how does it happen so quickly?? 

Anyway, as I said last week I got transferred to Modesto.  My companion and I are  both new in the area so we have spent the whole week running around meeting people and trying to learn where everything is.  Modesto is great but it is a city so there is more traffic and more area to cover.  It has been good though and we have already gotten to know a lot of people and had some wonderful lessons.  

This week I have been thinking a lot about what things keep me from giving my all as a missionary.  The list is longer than I would like it to be.  After thinking about it all pretty much all of it was either selfishness or pride in some way or another.  Things like being too tired, being scared of what someone might say or do, forgetfulness, not having my mind focused on the work.  Anyway I have had my mind turn back to D&C 4:2 which says:

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day."
As I have reflected about the time I have left on my mission I have been thinking a lot about what more I can do to serve with all of my "heart, might, mind, and strength".  I know that as I set goals to accomplish this I am going to be seeing more changes in the way I work, live, and even think. One thing I have learned about missionary work and about life in general is that if we are not constantly looking for ways to change and improve and to align our will with the vision of the Lord's then we are doing what Satan wants us to do which is to be complacent and content with where we are at.  This however does not show faith and a true desire to serve.  I know that this work can not be accomplished without those two things but more importantly without the Lord.  I know that it is through serving him within the parameters that he has set that we will have him by our side as we do his work, all of us.


I'm grateful for the Atonement and how it helps me each and every day to be able to do that.  I hope that we can all reflect often on what more we can do to better serve the Lord and do all we can to do it and then watch to see  how the Lord is working with us.  It is amazing.

I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!!!

Love,

Hermana Carpenter

p.s. I know I have been bad at sending pictures...Here is one of me and Hermana Arevalo with our car and all of the planners I have had since being in the mission field.  They are all custom made by yours truly.  Do you notice a theme?






No comments:

Post a Comment