Friday, August 7, 2015

Becoming one with the Savior

Hey everyone!!

Sorry about no big email last week.  We did an activity as a zone and went to see a castle in the area.  It used to be a school for troubled boys that helped them to find a trade and hopefully be successful in society.  We had a private tour so we got to take our time and hear all of the cool stories.  It was great to see a part of the history here in this area!

This week was awesome though!  We had Zone Council this week as well as our first interviews with President and Sister Palmer.  I love those two.  President Palmer is hilarious and is the type of guy that wears a tie with little elephants. Sister Palmer is the sweetest and so down to earth. She reminds me a lot of my mom. 

Anyway, so in zone council we talked about becoming one with the Savior. We talked a lot about the scripture in Omni 1:26 which says "And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and prayer, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

I know that I have talked about this scripture before, but I absolutely love it because it has such personal application to each one of us.  This time as I was studying it though the part about prayer and fasting stuck out to me.  This topic has been on my mind a lot lately, especially the power that prayer and fasting can have as we work to align our purpose with the Lord's.  I have such a strong testimony of the power of prayer and fasting.  I know that when we use these two together we have a greater ability to feel the spirit and do the Lord's will in our lives. 

Beatriz and Enrique are progressing greatly.  We are planning their baptism for next week. It is possible that we will also get the opportunity to have the baptism of two of their granddaughters that day as well.  It is so awesome to see all of them growing spiritually.

Things are going well. Transfers will be this next week so I will keep you all updated on what happens.  Please make sure you are sending any mail to the new mission home address:

4300 Dale Rd.
Modesto CA, 95356

Thanks!  Love you all!

Hermana Carpenter

No comments:

Post a Comment