Monday, August 17, 2015

Back to Manteca

I feel like I am at home! Well as close as I can be without actually being home.  I have loved all of my areas but there is something about coming back to Manteca that has just made me feel like I am at home.

This week has been really good.  Hermana Sheffer is awesome.  She is such a hard worker and our teaching styles work together so well. We both have such a good feeling about the work here.  We already know that we only have one transfer together so we both just want to make the most of it.  

So the reason we already know we only have one transfer together is because if all the Sisters come in that are supposed to it means that all of the sisters in the mission will be training...and it is quite possible that some will double train out of the Spanish sisters.  Crazy, right?! As Sister Training Leaders President Palmer has asked that we focus the sisters we are over to prepare for that.  As Hermana Sheffer and I were talking about this we realized how important it is that we are all prepared because this next transfer of training is going to set the tone and many of the traditions that are here in the Modesto Mission.  We want to make sure that we leave a legacy of good traditions.  I hope that this transfer I can be the example I need to be to help that to happen. I am nervous but excited for what is coming.  I know though that this is the Lord's work and that He will be right there with us.

This week was also awesome because I had the opportunity to go back for Beatriz and Enrique's Baptism.  It was amazing.  It was the most well attended baptism I have been too. I think it just shows the love that the ward already has for them.  They are both so amazing.  Hermana Beatriz asked to say a couple of things.  She bore a beautiful testimony and shared how her greatest desire is that her whole family can one day be with her in the church.  She had a daughter-in-law and two grandchildren at the baptism.  I know that they felt the spirit and I pray that they will do all they can to gain a testimony of their own and come into the church.  I am so excited for all that is in store for this family.  They inspire me to be a better missionary and to work hard so that I can find more like them that are ready to receive the gospel. 

I also had my Leadership Training Meeting this week which was also great!  The spirit was so strong.  I just hope I can be the leader the Lord wants me to be.  I know I am going to grow so much from this.  

Well I hope you all have a great week! Love you all.

Love,


Hermana Carpenter

p.s. some pictures with Beatriz, Enrique, and their granddaughters as we said goodbye. A picture from their baptism, and then a picture of Sisters Tua'i'tanu, Boata, me, and Hermana Sheffer at service this week






No comments:

Post a Comment