Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Next up Sister training leader!!

Hey Everybody, it is time for transfers again!!!!

So I found out this weekend that I will be returning to Manteca and I will be a Sister Training Leader.  My companion will be Hermana Sheffer.  I am sad, excited, and nervous at the same time.  All this last week I had a feeling that I was going to be leaving and I was pretty sure it would be to Manteca. I pretty much was just waiting for the call to confirm it.  It is so cool to me how the Lord prepares us. 

I am sad because I am going to be leaving my wonderful investigators right before they get baptized. I will be able to go back for their baptisms and for the baptisms of their granddaughters here in a couple weeks.  We broke the news to them at church yesterday and Hna. Beatriz was so sad.  She just talked about how we had basically become a part of our family and how she was going to miss seeing us almost every day.  I cried. I just feel so blessed to have been a part of their conversion. Even though I am sad to go I know that the Lord is aware of what they need and what I need.  I know that he will take care of them and that the missionaries that will replace me will be what they and the rest of their family need at this time.  I feel like these last couple of weeks I have also gotten a glimpse of what it will feel like to be a parent and to see your kids progressing in the gospel and making those righteous decisions.  It makes me so happy.

I am excited because I love Manteca.  I went on exchanges there a couple of weeks ago and it felt just like I was going home.  It will be a little bit weird because I will know the area but at the same time it will be different. At least I will know all of the members.  

I am nervous because I am going to be a Sister Training Leader.  I feel like I am not qualified for that job.  I know it will be a great learning experience and I am really excited to learn from and work with Hermana Sheffer. She is an awesome missionary!

This week has been really great though. I have had so many experiences where I have been teaching or talking with someone and have been able to feel so strongly how much love the Lord has for them.  I know that each one of us are his children and that he loves us and wants us to be happy.  I know that this work is his work and that it is so important! I am so grateful to be a part of it.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Love,

Hermana Carpenter

p.s. I LOVE puppies!! I almost took that one home with me.  Darn mission rule about not having pets!



No comments:

Post a Comment