Monday, December 21, 2015

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas all!!

I can't believe I am already celebrating my second Christmas on the mission.  The time has just flown by.

This transfer is already off to a great start.  We had a last minute change and I ended up with a different companion than I said last week.  My new companion is Hermana Waters.  She is from Utah as well.  We are already becoming great friends.  She has only been out of the MTC for one transfer so I am facing new things as a missionary.  It has been such a good week though.  

We are getting ready for the baptism of one of our investigators (pictured with me below). She is so excited.  She seems like she is already a member of the church.  One of our other investigators, Al, also excepted a baptismal date for January.  I feel so blessed to be working with these two. We have so much to look forward to and it is only the beginning of the transfer. 

This week I have been thinking a lot about repentance and charity.  We talked about them in one of our leadership meetings this week and since then it has been floating around in my head.  They are so connected.  I know that I can obtain charity without repenting.  I've been doing a lot of that on my mission. I need it though. We all do.  I can feel the difference though as I strive to repent daily.  I can feel the spirit more in my life and through that the love of the Savior.  This love allows me to love his children and to serve them as he needs them to be served.  I'm so grateful for the teachings of the Savior and for his life.  I'm grateful for the chance to celebrate it and share that spirit with others.

I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas! Be safe!!

Love,

Hermana Carpenter

Photos: Hna Waters, me with blondie bars, yum, me with our investigator at a christmas party




No comments:

Post a Comment