Monday, December 7, 2015

A Savior is born

Hello everybody!  I can't believe that December is already in full swing and with all that comes with the Christmas season.

The new Christmas initiative for the church started last Sunday and we have been sharing it like crazy.  For those of you that haven't seen it yet you can check it out at christmas.mormon.org. It is titled "A Savior is Born" and highlights the Christmas story from Luke 2.    

I love watching this short video.  I have already seen it a dozen or more times and it still doesn't get old to me.  Each time I watch it I can feel the Spirit strongly testifying that every word of it is true.  That a Savior was really born and that we really have cause to rejoice because of that. Sharing this video so much has caused me to reflect a lot on the birth of the Savior and what it means personally to me and to the rest of God's children. 

To me it means hope.  Because he was born I have the hope that I can change and that this world can change.  I know that it is possible if people allow him into their hearts and follow his example.  

I'm so happy to be able to spend a second Christmas on the mission.  I can feel a difference this year. I can feel the effect of his birth touching my heart and my desire to work and share his message of the restored gospel.  

This week has been so good though.  We have seen the miracles flowing in, especially in regards to people we are teaching.  We had one investigator at church who it was her first time and she cried and cried and cried during sacrament meeting. Oh, she also bore her testimony and it was awesome! We have just started working with her but we are so excited to teach her more and help her to feel the same spirit she felt at church!

Well I hope you all have a wonderful week! I hope you will all watch "A Savior is Born" if you haven't seen it yet.

Love,

Hermana Carpenter

No comments:

Post a Comment