Saturday, December 20, 2014

Point Your Doors Towards The Temple

Well Family and Friends, another week has come and gone and what a wonderful crazy week it has been!

So first off I want to share a little news with you that may or may not affect me.  So last night we had an emergency mission conference thing where we all met in our zones and then called into President Jardine to hear him speak.  Of course all of us were thinking that Ipad's were finally coming to our mission (yeah we aren't lucky enough to have them yet...)  Anyway, so that is what we thought he was wanting to announce.  It turns out however that we were quite wrong.  He actually announced that effective July 1, or right around there,  the California Modesto Mission will be created.  That mission will be created from the South part of the Sacramento Mission and the North part of the Fresno Mission.  This means that there is a possibility that half way through my mission I could be reassigned to that new mission.  It was really cool to hear that announcement and learn that the two missions are so productive that there is a need for another mission.  We won't really know more until January about what changes will be made but I definitely anticipate learning more and seeing if I will stay in the Sacramento Mission or be called to labor in the Modesto Mission.  

This week we also got to go to the temple as part of the annual temple conference.  The Sacramento Temple is beautiful!  I loved being able to go and once more feel of the spirit that resides in the Lord's house. I'm so grateful for the temple. Every time I go to the temple I am reminded of the love that God has for each of us of His children and how He has created a plan that gives the opportunity for all of His children to return to live with Him and with our families.  I know that the covenants we make in the Lord's temples show us the path and give us the pattern we need to follow to become like Him. I love in the Book of Mormon where King Benjamin asks the people to turn our doors towards the temple and to hear His word.  I also love in 2 Nephi where it talks about the Lord giving us a light and a safe haven in this crazy world, i.e. the temple.  I know that as we turn the doors of our homes, our families, and our hearts towards the temple that we need not fear.  It is through the temples that we can find peace and direction in this world, we can become closer to the Lord, and we can bring our families together.  I know that the Lord wants us to go to the temple and that as we make it a priority in our lives we will see the blessings of it in our lives.

I am doing well though.  Me and my companion have kind of hit a wall with our investigators however we are trying to be patient and working to understand what the Lord would have us do to help them develop testimonies and gain a greater desire to follow our Savior Jesus Christ.

This is the last P-day I have until Christmas so Merry Christmas to everyone! Be safe!

I love you all!

Love,

Hermana Carpenter

My District at the Annual Temple Conference


Sacramento Temple
A couple zones and my President 


No comments:

Post a Comment