Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The First Week In Review

Hola everyone,

Well I have almost made it through my first week here at the CCM (Spanish Version of the MTC) and I am doing well!  The campus here is beautiful and the people are so nice.  Sorry I don´t have any pictures of it though because I forgot my cord to connect my camera to the computer and they don´t have card readers. I´ll be sure to send all that I can though once I get into the field!

Anyway so I´ll give an overview of the week. So I arrived in Mexico with a whole bunch of Elders and a couple of Sisters and at the airport there were some people waiting for us.  We got all of our stuff and hopped on a bus headed to the CCM.  One thing I have to say is that I am so glad I don´t have to drive here! They drive like maniacs! It´s amazing to me that there isn´t an accident every ten seconds.  Anyway, so to get to the CCM you drive through this kind of dumpy part of town but then when you go through the gates it´s like you´re in a totally different place.  Everything is so green and perfectly manicured here.  I feel really blessed to get to be here for the next six weeks.  

Once we got here I found out who my companion was going to be and then we went through some orientation stuff and then we got to relax the rest of the day which was really nice because after that early flight I was exhausted!

So my companion is Hermana Badger and she is from Casper, Wyoming and she is going to be serving in the California Carlsbad Mission. She is really sweet and we get along well.  She did not have any Spanish before coming to the CCM so I have been able to help her a lot which has been good for both of us.

Thursday we just had more orientation stuff and then we met our teachers Hermano Tinoco and Hermano Martinez.  I like them both but they are complete opposites!  Hermano Tinoco is the more stern, get it done guy while Hermano Martinez is much more laid back and really funny.  They are good teachers though.

Friday we taught our first investigator...in Spanish...I was really nervous beforehand but once I got in there I was amazed at how well everything went.  We have taught him two more lessons since then and have committed him to baptism.  He is great and I wish that all of my real investigators could be as easy to teach and convert as him, however I know that will not be the case.  

Saturday was a lot like Friday, we just went to class and taught our investigator again.  I will admit Saturday was a little hard for me.  I was starting to miss people and was exhausted (I haven´t really been sleeping well) and then our schedule was really crazy the first couple of days with little semblance and I could feel it getting to me.  However, Sunday made it all better.  I felt like everything that was spoken during the meetings that day was said just for me.  I was able to feel the spirit testify to me over and over that I was in the right place and that things would get better, and they have.

Monday was basically the same as Saturday except that I was feeling much better.  And today is going well. I am definitely loving p-day!  Also tonight is devotional and we get to hear from Elder Neil L. Anderson which I am excited for! I will tell you more about that next week.

The food here is good for the most part. The only thing I have not liked is the Carrot Lasagna they had...not a good combination.  

I am enjoying my time though and trying to soak up everything I can while I am here!

I am so excited to get to be a missionary and to be able to share the gospel of Jesus Christ and to bless many lives with it.  The church is true!

I love you and miss you all.

Love,

Hermana Carpenter

No comments:

Post a Comment