Friday, October 3, 2014

I Hope They Call Me on a Mission

Hi,

My name is Kyrie and I have been called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the California Sacramento Mission speaking Spanish. I report to the Mexico City Missionary Training Center (MTC) in 5 days. I am feeling excited and nervous but mostly I am feeling blessed.

This last four months since I received my call has felt like a whirlwind and I can't believe that next week I begin a journey that I know will impact my life forever.  I never would have believed that this is where the Lord would want me to be at this time in my life. However, I am grateful that he trusts me enough to share the message of the gospel and of Jesus Christ to his children in Sacramento.  I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I know that this is where Heavenly Father wants me to be and I am so grateful for His plan and for the peace that following His plan brings.  I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true church on earth today and that it is through following the teachings found therein that we can experience true joy.  I can't wait to share this message to as many of God's children that will listen.

This blog will follow my experience as a missionary in Sacramento and hopefully my experiences after my mission as well.  I hope that this blog will be one that will lift up and bring hope to those that read it.

More to come!

-Kyrie

No comments:

Post a Comment