Monday, June 8, 2015

Eight Months Gone!

Hey everyone!

Well today is my eight month mark of being in the mission, crazy!  I know I say this every month, but I say it because it is true, where is the time going??  I can't believe I am already to the point where I can count the months I have left on my hands! I am just plugging along though and trying to make the most of my time here. 

This week has been really great.  We had zone conference which is always wonderful but was made even better by the fact that we got iPad's at the end.  Whoo! We are in stage one right now which means we really only get to use the Gospel Library app and some other study tools but it has been a blessing for studying for investigators.  It is so amazing how many tools the Lord has given us in this day and age to learn about and share the gospel.

So this week I have been studying a lot about baptism as we are helping two of our investigators prepare themselves for their own baptisms.  I always love reading the scriptures in Mosiah 18 that talk about the covenant we make at baptism.  It is always such a good reminder to me about what it is I have promised I would do that I have promised with God that I am "willing to bear one another’s burdens, that they may be light. Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death".  I have come to see in my own life and in the lives of others the blessings that come as we strive to keep this covenant.  As we live our everyday lives to help others and stand as witnesses of Christ our hearts are changed and we become more converted to the gospel and also more like our Savior Jesus Christ.  Those around us are also lifted and are able to better feel the impact of these covenants in their own lives  We experience the peace and joy that comes as we in return receive the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost.  I am so grateful for these covenants and for the ability they give me to stay focused on a purpose and to become more than I would otherwise be. I hope that we can all always remember our own baptismal covenants and find ways to live them more fully in our lives. I know that as we do blessings will come!

I'm so grateful for the gospel and for the opportunity to share it every day! I hope you all have a wonderful week.  

Love,

Hermana Carpenter


iPad's have arrived! (With Hermana Sellers)

The weekly Spider Wed on the car

My Latino Grandma :)

No comments:

Post a Comment