Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Transfer Week!

Hey everyone!

So this week is transfer week and I found out yesterday that I am being transferred to the Delta South 1st Area in the Stockton Zone...Let me first say that this came as a complete shock to me because President Jardine had told me that I was most likely staying in my area so I had not mentally prepared myself at all!  I'll be honest when the Zone Leader asked me if I would accept the call the first thing I wanted to say is "No, I have a baptism in two weeks, this area is already suffering because we haven't been able to really work here for over two weeks and I am all ready to get back to work full time here!"  However the more sensible part of me overcame that thought with the thought that "These calls are made by revelation from God and that if that is where He wants me then that is where I need to go", so instead of saying no I said yes. Anyway so today I get to run around packing everything up and saying goodbye to as many people as I can, which won't be many since all three of use are leaving and my companions want to see people in Tracy as well. 

Needless to say, I am better today than I was last night.  My emotions are mixed but I do know that right now Stockton is where I need to be and that there are people there waiting for me.  One of my companions now Hermana Cavasos, is taking over the Manteca area so I at least know that Benito is in good hands and with someone he knows at least a little bit. I also know that I will be able to come back for the baptism which is good.  I know that everything will work out and I am just trying really hard to have a good attitude.

Benito is doing great though and right on track for his baptism.  Everything is set and they even announced it in church on Sunday.  It is awesome to see his desire to learn more and more grow.  He started reading the Book of Mormon this week from the beginning and I am excited to hear some of the experiences He has from it.  I love the Book of Mormon and I love how much I learn each time I read it.  Right now I am reading about Captain Moroni and I am just so amazed at the courage and strength he has.  I hope that I can apply some of the boldness he has in my own life and continue to improve myself in continually standing up for truth and righteousness.  I hope that all of you are taking the time to read from the Book of Mormon each day. I know that as we do we can have the spirit with us more fully!

Love you all.  Have a great week!

Love,

Hermana Carpenter 

No comments:

Post a Comment