Monday, February 16, 2015

Greetings from Stockton!

Hello everyone!

I made it to Stockton and am just working on getting settled in.  Things here are definitely different and a lot more ghetto but they are good!  My companion Hermana Shawcroft is awesome.  She is such a hard worker and I know I have a lot I can learn from her this transfer.

So this week has been made up of a lot of contacting during the day and appointments at night.  Right now a lot of the investigators here are kind of at a standstill  so one thing we have been talking about a lot is how we can help them to progress.  We know that at the root of it is lack of a testimony.  This being the case we have both been trying to figure out how we can help our investigators to gain there own testimonies.  In doing this we really have just gone back to the basics of the restoration about reading the scriptures, praying, and than acting.  I know that it is through these three things that we can gain the personal revelation we all need to grow our testimonies of the Savior, Joseph Smith, and of the Gospel.  I am so grateful for the gift of revelation that God has given to His children and for the opportunity that we have to receive direct answers for ourselves, for our families, and the Prophet for all of God's children.  Without this revelation we would be going through this life in darkness.  The sad thing is that so many people in this world are in this darkness because they don't know about revelation or how to receive it. 

I know thought that like Moroni 10:3-5 says, when we pray to got with true intent, exercising faith in Christ (which means action on our parts like reading the scriptures, going to church, keeping the commandments, ect.) that God will reveal the truth of all things unto us.  I have seen this over and over again in my life and I know that it is because of this revelation that I am where I am today and have the peace and joy that I feel in my life each and everyday.  Through this revelation I know for myself that I have a Heavenly Father that knows me and loves me and blesses me.  I know that he has restored His church to the earth once more through the Prophet Joseph Smith.  I know that we have a living prophet on the earth today, President Thomas S. Monson., and that if we follow his teachings we will be closer to God and to the Savior. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that when we read it we can continue to feel God's love and receive more revelation.  

To me it is so amazing that we can have that personal communication with God and I really want to be a better missionary and help as many of God's children as I can to experience that blessing in their own lives.  

I hope that each one of you are doing those daily things each day to keep those channels of communication with God continually flowing.  I know that if we do we can have more peace and joy in our lives!

I love you all and hope that you have a wonderful week!

Love,

Hermana Carpenter

No comments:

Post a Comment