Wednesday, November 5, 2014

The Gift of Patience

Greetings Everyone!

I can´t believe another week has come and gone and that it has been a month this week since I left Utah.  The time before my mission feels like it was a lifetime ago.  I am definitely keeping busy here, especially with only two week left in the CCM.  We had two Hermanas in our zone leave this week that we were all pretty close to and it was so sad to see them go.  It kind of hit us that we are the next ones in our zone to leave and that that time is going to come quickly.  I feel so blessed to be meeting such amazing people while here in Mexico.  I have a great companion, a great district, zone, and great teachers.  All of it is just making for a wonderful experience.  Don´t get me wrong, there are still times that are hard and frustrating, but they are easy to endure with all of the amazing people I´m surrounded by!

So this week in my personal study I have been studying the section on patience out of Preach my Gospel, and that has definitely helped me as far as the frustrating moments go.  With all of the changes, learning how to teach, and learning Spanish it is so easy to become impatient and feel like it is not possible to do everything I need to, especially when you are like me and are kind of a perfectionist.  Sometimes I want to yell "Why can´t I just get this?!"  As I have studied about patience though I have learned a lot about why it is so important for us to be patient. I learned that patience and faith are connected and that when we are patient with ourselves, with others, and with God it shows Him that we have faith in His plan for us and His ability to do all things.  As it says in the Book of Mormon, when we exercise our faith, our faith grows.  When our faith in God grows  it then in turn increases our ability to have patience.  Awesome, right?!

As I have tried harder to exercise patience I find I am much happier and able to focus on the work and learning the language much better.  I know that if we would all exercise more patience in our lives we would all be so much happier and that we would be able to recognize so many more of the blessings the Lord gives us!

Anyway so the highlight of my week this week was receiving the conference edition of the Ensign! It has been killing me that I have not been able to go back and read any of them since conference.  I am so excited though that now I can.  I love the prophets and I know that the words they speak are from God.  I have already started reading them and there is so much in their words for all of us.  I know that if we study and apply their words we will will 1. be prepared for things to come in the world and in our own lives 2. we will have the Spirit more in our lives 3. we will find direction and comfort 4. we will be happy.  I really hope that all of you will make it a priority to study their words a little bit each day.  I know that if you do you will have all of the above things and much more!

I hope everyone is doing well! I love you all!

Love,

Hermana Carpenter

The Infamous Parrot Bird I love!

The Visitors Center
Elders Orr, Peay, & Babcock (left to right) 

The Sisters in My District
Hermana Bjerk & Lindsey left this week

Mexico City Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment