Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Coming Home!

I can't believe that it is my last Monday in the mission. There have a been a lot of lasts this week. Yesterday was bittersweet as I said goodbye to all of the members yesterday. I am going to miss them.  I was glad that it was fast and testimony meeting because I was able to bear my testimony. 

This week I have thought a lot about my testimony. Where it was at before my mission, where it is now, and where I hope it to be 1 yea from now, 5 years from now, and so on.  I just want it to be able to continue growing. I know that that will only come through consistently living those same principles that I have been teaching for the last year and a half. 

I know I will be seeing you all soon so I just want to leave you with my testimony. It may sound similar from the beginning but I hope that the spirit can transmit the difference in the feeling behind it.

I know that God lives. I know that he loves all of his children, no matter who they are, what they have done, or where they are at in their lives. He loves them still and I know that his work is to help all of his children to one day have the same joy that he has. I know that Jesus Christ lives. He is my Savior, my redeemer, and my friend. He has been there for me every step of the way. Has lifted me when I didn't have the strength to do so and has cheered me on when I have been discouraged. I know that through his Atonement we can all find the strength to do hard things, to change, and to become who it is he wants us to be. I know that through his Atonement we can find peace in our lives. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only true church upon the face of the earth. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and that he was called to restore that church. I know that with that restoration the priesthood was also restored to the earth and that because of that we can receive those ordinances that will allow us to return back to live with God and with our families. I know that Thomas S. Monson is the living prophet and that if we follow his counsels we will be protected spiritually and physically in this world.  I know that this work is the Lord's work and that as we do it we will find joy and peace. 

I hope that we can all seek to grow our testimonies through living the gospel every day.  

I'm excited to see you all soon!

Love,

Hermana Carpenter

No comments:

Post a Comment