Tuesday, September 22, 2015

With Trust Comes Responsibility

Hey everybody!

So this week has been a good but crazy one. So Sunday morning we got transfer calls, duh duh duh. So all of the sisters in the mission are training EXCEPT me, Hermana Sheffer and one other companionship. Hermana Sheffer and I will stay together in Manteca as Sister Training Leaders. The other companionship will be STL's as well. We will be the only two sets in the mission and with a total of 32 sisters that is a lot of work! That is what happens when somehow you and your companion become trusted by the mission president. I am nervous to say the least. A lot of the sisters training are new to the mission but because of the huge influx have been called to train regardless of jow prepared they are. Because of this we are being asked to do a lot more exchanges tham normal. This means we will be BUSY! I can tell already that this transfer is going to stretch me. Even though that scares me I know that with that comes a lot of growth. I don't want to let President Palmer down but more importantly I don't want to let the Savior down. After all this is his work. I know i just need to rely on him and find more ways that i can be obedient so that i can have his spirit with me.

I also had the blessing of attending the baptism of Ana, my investigator from Lodi, this week. She is the granddaughter of Beatrice and Enrique who where baptized last month. She is great. It was such a blessing to be able to see their famoly and see how the gospel is working in their lives. Beatrice is working on preparing family names to take to the temple and I am so excited for her. I can't wait for more of their family to catch the spirit of the gospel so that they can all go to the temple to be sealed.

We also have an awesome investigator here named Carlos. He is the son of a recent convert and is currently praying for a baptismal date. It is amazing to see how he understands and has been applying what he is learning. We are excited to see what comes from him and his progress!

Things are good thoughm i am excited to be staying in Manteca another transfer! I hope you all have a good week!

Love,

Hermana Carpenter
Me and Hermana Sheffer
Eliseo a member
Leslie
My Zone from last transfer

Baptism

Missionaries from the ward I am in and one of the members Leilani





No comments:

Post a Comment